Funding of up to $132,450 has been made available to each federal electorate to support projects that support and encourage the work of volunteers within our community. Organisations can apply for grants ranging between $1,000 and $5,000. To be eligible for this program, your organisation must have staff made up of at least 40% volunteers. This year, individuals are not eligible to apply for a Volunteer Grant on behalf of an organisation that is not a legal entity, typically this might be an unincorporated organisation or informal community group.
This funding is to be used to:
- purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
- contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs
- contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
- assist with the cost of training courses for volunteers
- undertake background screening checks for volunteers
- conduct activities to promote awareness of, and increase participating in volunteering opportunities
- adapting practices to support volunteers’ safety in the current pandemic environment.
The objectives of Volunteer Grants are to:
- help community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- help community organisations to support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering.
The intended outcome of the activity is to strengthen community functioning by increasing
participation in volunteering.
Expression of interest form due by Friday 22 April 2021.
If your organisation would like to be considered for a grant, it is important this form is returned on time. My office is available to help you with any queries and can assist you in preparing an expression of interest.
Nominated organisations will then formally be invited to apply for a grant and applications will be assessed by the Department of Social Services.
Volunteer organisations do an incredibly important job in our local community and I would like to take this opportunity to thank your organisation – and all your volunteers.