Invitation to apply
The Lingiari Powering Communities Program has opened. I am pleased to invite your organisation to submit an Expression of Interest.
The Program is designed to assist community organisations to improve their energy efficiency practices and lower their energy bills with funding available for local energy saving projects.
WHAT CAN THE FUNDING BE USED FOR?
This funding can be used for:
• energy generation and storage projects including solar photovoltaic panels and battery storage
• new split system air conditioners to replace some older types of units
• bathroom and kitchen hot water heaters
• replacement of non-LED with LED lighting
• other activities including energy audits and measuring equipment
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be eligible you must be one of the following incorporated entities:
• an incorporated not for profit organisation
• an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property If your organisation is not incorporated, you must have a project sponsor that is an incorporated not for profit entity. The project sponsor must apply as the lead applicant.
The minimum grant amount is $5,000 The maximum grant amount is $12,000
STEP 1: Please complete the “Expression of Interest” form (EOI)
STEP 2: The Lingiari Community Committee will then assess all the received EOI forms and provide me with recommendations on which projects to proceed with. From these recommendations, I will then invite the selected applicants to submit a formal on-line application
Successful applicants must complete their projects by 30 June 2022.
If you have any questions, or if you would like assistance with preparing an expression of interest or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact Kirsty Sayers-Hunt in my office on 8383 3129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warren Snowdon MP
Member for Lingiari
Timing of the grant round:
|Expressions of Interest (EOI) open||May 2021|
|Expressions of Interest (EOI) close||9 July 2021|
|MP nomination period closes*||6 September 2021|
|Application period opens||20 May 2021|
|Application period closes||20 September 2021|
|Assessment of applications||Late 2021|
|Letter of Agreement issued to successful applicants||Late 2021|
|Activity completion date||30 June 2022|